Today is the first day of this new transfer (BTW Transfers happen
every 6 weeks). Elder Coronel and I are still together and stay in our area -
Federman.
The last transfer ended well and we now have 3 baptismal dates,
Iligia Baldion, Sebastian Rodriguez, and Juan Carlos (Waldo;) Juan Carlos is
really ready to be baptized and we are really excited for him! The spirit is
always super strong when people are prepared and Juan Carlos is one of those!
He learns quickly and has been going to church every Sunday and is really happy
about it!
I had to give the talk in church yesterday, and I had a couple weeks
to prepare so it was pretty good. I'm pretty calm about giving talks and I
don't mind public speaking. Unluckily,
I woke up Sunday morning and my lip and cheek were swollen... I have no Idea
why. I think I slept on my retainer or a bug bit me, but I couldn’t speak Spanish
as easily. So I iced it and it went away completely. Thank goodness! My talk
went well.
I don’t know if I've mentioned it, but our area is the biggest area
in the mission, and it’s like 4 or 5 times bigger than the average area, and we
walk usually, so our legs are pretty buff now.
The buses here are crazy! It's like hundreds of `Knight Buses' from
Harry Potter, going about 100 miles per hour, and dodging each other on and off
opposite lanes! I'm sure some of
the buses here have a turbo mode because something changes and a loud hissing
noise begins, as the bus literally jumps forward, accelerating faster than
normal! It's not natural! Amazingly I’ve never seen a bus crash yet...
As we walk past thousands of restaurants, millions of people try to
get us into buying lunch from them and contend for the passerby. They talk so
fast that sometimes they sound like “bid sales men'”. Usually I ignore
all of them, or I'll say ``Que Pena, de pronto otro dia...'' (Sorry, Maybe
another day). Well today as I walked past a Mexican Restaurant with my
companion, I heard that is was a special day to… buy one meal, get another
free... My companion had just bought some chicken, so I called up Elder Reeve.
We had some good tacos, and it was only 5000 pesos each!!
Tonight we have another Family Home Evening with Iligia, and her grandson,
Sebastian. It’s going to be great.
I got a couple photos from yesterday on the email... enjoy!
Love Elder R. Zierenberg
No comments:
Post a Comment