This week was the fastest in my mission so far! I feel like
yesterday was P-day...
I'm planning on getting my camera fixed this week so that'll be
great. Then I can send more photos after that happens.
If you're wondering which of the Elders in the photos from last week
is Elder Coronel, He's the dark, short guy with glasses. If you're wondering
which Elder is me, well then... it's either been too long, or you shouldn't be
reading this...
I hear Elder Andino is back in Bogotà! Maybe I'll get to see him.
So our area, Federman, includes the huge Bogotà stadium, where
famous bands come and play when on tour here in Colombia! One Direction
came here like 2 weeks before I arrived at this area. The stadium is pretty
close to our house. It's about a 10-minute walk to get there comfortably.
I can't wait to send some photos of all the cool scenery there is
around here!
Yesterday (Sunday) the entire Rodriguez Family came to church!!
During the gospel principles class, Oscar and his wife (Angelica) and mother
(Iligia) all actively participated and answered questions! The class topic was
Missionary Work and sharing the gospel with others. Oscar volunteered to
demonstrate how to share The Book of Mormon with a stranger (with Elder Coronel
as the stranger). It was a great class and really funny! We were so happy and surprised
to see them there! Elder Coronel and I agreed that is was a miracle and
blessing from the Lord!
One thing you learn on the mission, is that to find the chosen
people that are prepared, you need to push through hundreds of people and miles
to get to them. It can be tough and discouraging but when you find the golden
ones it makes it all so worth it!
-Till next week
Love Elder Zierenberg
No comments:
Post a Comment