Elder Z

Elder Z

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

1/4 Of My Mission Completed


It’s getting colder in Pie De Cuesta and I love it!  We’ve had a lot of clouds, rain, and thunder.  I carry my umbrella around with me everywhere now and sometimes it rains really hard. 
Elder Cáceres and I have been teaching Hugo a lot this week. We told him about the full-length Restoration movie and he wanted to see it the same day! So we opened the Chapel and invited him to watch it with us that night. It is really good, and if you haven’t seen it, watch it!! Hugo loved it and said it was really powerful.
We started talking about Doctrine and Covenants and showed Hugo some pages.  He got really excited about the fact that we can read Joseph’s revelations! We explained that many times the prophet would ask questions in his prayers and receive visions.  Hugo is starting to delve into The Book of Mormon and we’ve had great discussions answering his questions.
I had a weird dream last night and someone showed me that my name was is The Book of Mormon!!  I clearly read a verse in Ether chapter 11, and as I read a name it changed into Rod Zierenberg!! How weird is that!!! So I woke up and ran to my scriptures and looked around in the chapter but I couldn’t find what name had changed into mine.  I wonder what it means…
Anyway, this week we had an open house in our chapel! It was cool and we met tons of new people and taught them about The Restoration. 
There are two new gringos in our area, Elder Dickson, and Elder Duffy.
I’ve been out 6 months!!! That’s insane!! 1/4 of my mission is completed!  My birthday was cool and ¨I have 20 years now¨!  In Spanish they say how many years they have!! Spanish is a funny language.
One day a family fed us plates of rice, beans, and a ¨special fish¨!  Whole fishes, with the skin, the fins, and eyes!!!  I started dissecting it and learned a lot about a fish’s anatomy!!
People also eat pigs feet!!! It is disgusting and harry!!
I love you all

Love, Elder Zierenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment