Elder Z

Elder Z

Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Sweet Week

What can I say.... Another sweet week has passed away.

Funza is great and I love our ward! It's full of great families that really love us! 

We contacted a couple people in the street, and a couple of people contacted us in the street... I don't know why, but people somehow always know who we are, and what we do!  And don't worry, we did not get robbed mom. (;  So now we are teaching Edgar amongst other people.

I don't know if I've mentioned it, and I'm too lazy to check, but we have a sweet mall in our area!!   From my experience here in Colombia I'd say that the most popular store, and the most widely recognized is ''EXITO!''.  It means SUCCESS!... And whoever thought up that title was a genius, 'cause it was an Exito!  It's pretty much like a Target but everything is Yellow instead of Red and there's no Target...   So I always buy my food and everything at Exito.

It's cool to see what American stores they have here! I found ''Payless'' Shoe Store the other day in our mall! The mall is also really cool 'cause the bathrooms are free, and that's like insane! Nobody lets ANYTHING be free here! Every other bathroom has people that stand outside of it, and they make you PAY to go in!

We get our money out of the bank every 2 weeks and we use the mall's ATM machines.  Once we went to get money and some team of heavily armed men were there putting in stacks of money! It looked so cool!  Like something from Call of Duty! They walked in a triangle formation and everyone had a gun pointing in each direction! One dude had a pistol and another was scanning the ceiling! That's Colombia for you. There's always more guns than money, when money is involved!

We are teaching Maria Jimenez who pretty much is ready to be baptized and is waiting to be! She just has to get married and her future husband is member. She goes to church every week and we ate lunch at their house yesterday.

I'm starting to get sick of rice!! I know Jake has it worse in Cambodia, but seriously this week was tough!! Today we had the most delicious soup I've ever eaten (or that I can remember eating). It's super famous here in Colombia and a family prepared it for us today as a special treat! I took a foto of it!

Today we got together with some Elders from our zone and we played Futbol!  Colombian weather is super bipolar!! It was soo sunny today!!!  I almost got sunburned!  It's been getting cold and then really hot! It's harder to sleep when it's hot, as I am a light sleeper.

Last night I woke up to kill some mosquitoes and had a little massacre! I kept hearing them fly super close to my ears and then I just got fed up! I killed one and when it hit the floor red blood drops just oozed around it! Human blood! I don't know if it was mine or my companions!  I told my companion in the morning, and as a joke I asked him if his blood was red too!! He replied calmly that yes it was indeed.

Alright sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!
Love Elder Zierenberg









No comments:

Post a Comment