Elder Z

Elder Z

Monday, September 8, 2014

Tiring Week, Sore Feet.


I'm sure we (Elder Coronel and I) could qualify for the Guinness World Book of Records for The Most Distance Walked in a Week by LDS Missionaries! Haha Only Joking of course. A shoe from one of my pairs is falling apart in the back.... Wasn't I guaranteed a free replacement with free shipping?? 

Well this week we had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy FREEZING COLD showers for like 4 solid days!
Having found the monthly gas bill (late and unpaid) under Elder Reeve's study desk, we were all equally looking forward to cold showers and no stove cooking. We had some laughs though, every time each other’s deathly screams were heard from the icy-chambers of hypothermia. 

We went down-stairs, out, and into the reception building where the Apartment Store is at.  As we started pulling more items of the shelves than we normally do, the storeowner looked rather surprised. We explained how we weren't going to be able cook and therefore needed non-cookable foods. Too my great disappointment, I realized that I was unable to cook eggs. How was I then to eat my daily 5-dozen eggs? Was I not meant to be roughly the size of a barge, I thought.  Haha (Beauty and the Beast Joke). Well anyways, in Colombia they have strange bread toasters. The toasters close like clamshells and then they usually don't work as well as the handy toasters I am used to. So I just opened the toaster and cracked some eggs into that thing, closed it, and it worked fantastically! I ended up trading some scrambled eggs for Elder Reeve's Pizza.

Well after we paid the bill, the gas guy still hadn't come to open the pipe for us! So Elder Reeve and I woke up one morning and we knew something had to be done once and for all. We wanted Hot Showers or we wanted Death, so we went downstairs in our pajamas to see if we could do something with the pipes. We saw our houses pipe and we turned the knob and Elder Quispe looked out the window 6 stories up to let us know that it was no use. So we went back up and took our cold showers.

Literally like 5 minutes after I finished, we got a call from the reception room, and Sandra says the gas guy arrived!  We all wait patiently by the stove, knobs turned, just waiting for the moment. We came alive as the stove did.  Elder Reeve and I almost died trying to light the Big Water Heater in the back of our house!!   I just remember the sudden explosion of fire spreading in slow motion towards us and then we ducked out of the way, saving our eyebrows by a hair breadth!!  (Pun intended) 

Last P-day we went to a cool park! There were tree loads of kites stuck up in tall trees. Elder Reeve told me he'd give me 5000 pesos if I climbed up and got one of them for us to fly. I did so, and we enjoyed a couple hours flying an Egyptian kite, with a Sphinx as the cover image.

Last week I forgot to say that we went on splits with the Zone Leaders and I spent a day with Elder Johnson. Elder Johnson and his twin were born in Simi Valley just a couple months before I was.  (Same birthplace)
Elder Johnson and I think maybe our parents have met before.
Well the Johnson family moved to Valencia, California while he was still very young. During our splits we found out that we both went to the same Beach House (The Sailor's Sandcastle). He would go with his ward's youth group every year for spring break. It was great to be able to talk to someone out here about home and the same places!

I've eaten a ton of fruit here that I've never seen in my life before.  Near our apartments there are tons of berry trees with purple clusters of who knows what.


Love Elder Zierenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment