Elder Z

Elder Z

Monday, April 7, 2014

New Companion

Dear Friends and Family,

I miss you all so much.

Bogota is an incredible place! It’s a bit chilly these days and everyday I’m finding it’s bigger than I thought. The people here are amazing and the Church seems so much stronger than my last area. There are a lot more members and everyone is so much more involved in the missionary work.

Elder Andino and I enjoyed the last few days of each other’s company. We only had 8 days together but I learned a lot from him and we are good friends. I got the briefest gist of my new area.

On Wednesday night I had to pack clothes and provisions for a 4 day stay at another missionary residence in another area nearby in Bogota. I was dropped off by my ward mission leader and his wife. Elder Andino and I took my stuff up to the other apartment. I stayed with Elder Doll (from US) and Elder Mamanchura (from Peru). Elder Andino left and spent Thursday with the President and the other missionaries leaving in his group. I worked with Elder Doll and Mamanchura in their area and enjoyed seeing a different part of Bogota.

Elder Andino was with Elder Velázquez who was also finishing his mission the same day.  Elder Velázques is a good friend of mine and was my Zone leader with Elder Duncan while I served in Piedecuesta. Elder Velázques, speaks perfect English, is from Costa Rica, and plans on attending BYU Provo. 

I returned with Elder Doll and Mamanchura to their apartment and we enjoyed General Conference the next day! It was amazing!!  I watched the first session in a church building office with Elder Doll and then later in another building! I got to see most of it in English and really enjoyed it!!  I was so excited to hear the Prophet and the Apostles speak!!

Today, Monday the 7th, I received my new companion!  I’m back in my area and in my apartment with Elder Avila!  He was just an Assistant to the President.  I can’t wait to work with him in our area here in Bogota!!

I love you all,

Elder Zierenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment