Elder Z

Elder Z

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Lord is Hastening His Work

"Number Nine" - Missionary Email

Entonces... (So)

Halloween was awesome and I forgot to mention it last week that we weren't allowed to proselyte and had to stay in a church building for the evening. We had a party and watched a movie. I joked that I wanted to go "Tract or Treating" Ha ha!  A guy in his truck rolled by us on our bikes and said "Nice Costumes!" Ha!

This week went by quicker than the Beach House.  Elder Heyen and I have been seeing more success and have committed more people to be baptized. I've met more people in this area and have established myself as a good friend.  

Elder Heyen (Hy-in) is from Oregan. He is cool and we have some fun times. He listens to Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven. The music rules have changed "hear" Ha! You can listen to any uplifting music and it doesn't have to be by the Church or Disney or over hundreds of years old. 

At this special time, and with the commencement the Work hastening, the missions are changing worldwide. Our Mission President has been focusing everything on the missionary purpose. Rather than giving us hundreds of rules, he focuses on the principles behind the rules and the doctrine behind the principles. The Lord was going to give the Jews the higher law but when Moses returned from the mountain, he found them worshiping idols. They were given the Law of Moses and all it's many rules because they didn't understand the doctrine behind the law. Interesting stuff to learn about. 

I'm doing great and I'm continuing to study the Scriptures and Español.  I've been in many great lessons and have had the opportunity to boldly testify to those I teach, that I know the Church is true and that they can know for themselves. I invite others to come unto Christ, to follow His teachings and to find real, lasting happiness in their lives. When we follow His teachings we allow Him to bless our lives and our homes. His spirit dwells in our hearts and we have His love.

The Lord is hastening His Work. He is preparing vast multitudes of people and many are ready to hear our testimonies and to receive our invitations. It's the members responsibility to reach out and be supportive and to fellowship.

Love,

Elder Zierenberg